Poor Clive thought he was helping his owner by opening the oven door to check on the dinner! However that salmon tasted too good to resist so down it went – along with the accompanying onions and garlic.
His quick-thinking owner, who discovered Clive polishing off his tasty meal on the kitchen floor, rushed him to her local PDSA hospital where he was given treatment to reduce the absorption of those potentially deadly toxins – onion and garlic.
It is unusual, but not rare, for cats to open oven doors so it is worth trying to keep your furry feline out of the kitchen whilst the oven is in use!
Written by Paula Grant – Communications Manager